Teeth whitening is a popular procedure to make your teeth whiter and brighter, and therefore more attractive. Bleaching can be used to whiten stained and discolored teeth, or simply to enhance a dull smile. Either way, tooth whitening is a safe and relatively painless procedure for most patients. Our office offers two methods of whitening: in-office whitening and tray whitening.
ZOOM! is a common in-office whitening procedure and is ideal if you want immediate results. The whole process takes about an hour, taking little time out of busy lives. A protective gel is applied to your gums to protect the soft tissue. Then a special light-activated gel is applied to your teeth and light or laser is used to enhance the action of the agent. Finally, the patient receives a take-home gel and instructions to keep the smile bright. The result is dramatically whiter teeth that will last for years.
Tray whitening is a less-expensive and convenient at-home whitening treatment. The results are more gradual. An impression is taken at the dentist’s office in order to create a customized clear tray. Trays are generally ready within a few days, depending, and the patient must follow instructions for how to apply the gel in the trays and how often to use it. Maximum whitening results and a dazzling smile are achieved at the end of the set treatment period. An occasional treatment can be used to maintain the new smile.
Please consult us about use of over-the-counter whitening treatments.
Teeth Whitening Service – A Simple & Affordable Way to Get a Great Looking Smile!
- We offer the best quality teeth whitening methods and products in St. Louis area
- Tooth whitening is an affordable method to make your teeth look great and fast
- Professional whitening typically far outperforms home whitening methods
- There are many different types of whitening solutions to choose from, Dr. Harris will guide you through your options
- Let a trusted, local top-rated dentist give you the best looking white teeth at a fraction of the cost of other cosmetic dental procedures